Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Twisted Copper Wire Torque (Torc)

Just because I want to, I'm trying to make a torc out of copper wire.  Thin copper wire. 

I cut a bunch of it to equal lengths, twisted three strands together and then twisted THOSE together. 
 
Once my blister was mostly healed I figured I should shoot for a callous and made another of the above and twisted the two of them together.
 
I've got one more, just like the first two, to go and I'll call it good enough for a first try - once I get the final wrapping on and the ends finished. 
 
It's lighter than I thought it would be, flexible, and comfortable.  It's not a perfectly flat circle; the back gets bent down a little and so do the ends.
 
Right up until it turns my neck green I think I'm going to like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment